After switching to the new drivers and configuring lircd to use devinput I had the original imon remote working again.
Unfortunately I use a Harmony 670 which does not play nice with the imon's native command set. Luckily the imon receiver hardware can be set to decode Microsoft MCE (RC-6) remote commands.
Prior to Maverick, I used the "ir_protocol" option to the imon driver to set it to MCE mode. To do the same with the new drivers was slightly more complicated, and not very well documented. I thought I'd share what I did for others.
$ git clone http://linuxtv.org/git/v4l-utils.git ..... $ cd v4l-utils/utils/keytable $ make ..... $ ./ir-keytable Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event7) with: Driver imon, table rc-imon-pad Supported protocols: other Enabled protocols: $ sudo ./ir-keytable -c Old keytable cleared $ sudo ./ir-keytable -w rc_keymaps/imon_mce Read imon_mce table Wrote 83 keycode(s) to driver /sys/class/rc/rc0//protocols: Invalid argument Couldn't change the IR protocols
It appears from the ir-keytable code that the protocol string has changed from "rc6" to "rc-6", and Maverick's backported kernel changes haven't been updated yet.
We can do the protocol change ourselves though as follows:
$ cat /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols rc6 $ echo rc6 | sudo tee /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols rc6 $ cat /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols [rc6]
The brackets indicate that the protocol has now been selected.
After all this my remote is working as it was in lucid, aside from some buttons repeating more than they should. I'll get around to looking at this one day.
Other useful links:
Ubuntu bug 666493 dealing with this issue.